Sunday, 10 January 2016

The weight of the office

Image result for burden In every endeavor of work in the Kingdom comes a burden to carry. Everyday we come to the uneasy conclusion that it is not you who is carrying the burden but it is just the sheer weight of the office that causes us grief and sorrow.



     Over the years of my walk in Christ I have seen the weight on others and others I have seen go on as if they carry nothing. As if they have nothing that weights them down and I ask that simple question. 
Image result for WHY

     After 35 plus years that answer finally comes. That answer is they indeed do not have a burden. They see their office of Apostle - Prophet - Pastor - Teacher - Evangelist as an means to an end not an end to their means.

Image result for long path

     They see their office as a path not a partnership with God in carrying out His will. To walk a path that is long and burdensome you must have others there with you to help carry this load. You must place yourself in a position of others wanting to help you. You must at times compromise to keep the peace so none leave from helping you on the said path. They become a cooperation or a Corporation. They become an organization.

     This is where the proverbial wrench gets thrown into this story.  



Image result for throw a (monkey) wrench in the works

     God never intended for the Church to be an organization. He made it an Organism. That same breath God used to breath life into man is indeed the one used to breath life into His Church.

Image result for god breathed life into man


     The end result of God breathing into that pile of formed dust was ... 
Eph 5:30-32 KJVR  For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.  (31)  For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.  (32)  This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

     There is a weight to this my family. Not just for the five fold but for the one fold. 

Joh 10:7-18 KJVR  Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.  (8)  All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.  (9)  I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.  (10)  The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.  (11)  I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.  (12)  But he that is a hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.  (13)  The hireling fleeth, because he is a hireling, and careth not for the sheep.  (14)  I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.  (15)  As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.  (16)  And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.  (17)  Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.  (18)  No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

 
Here comes the BOOM BOOM

In order for this to be true then we as members give us our own will to embrace His. We give us our lives as He gave up His. We must carry that same weight He carried UNTIL.......

Is there an "UNTIL"?

Yes of course there is


Eph 4:13-16 KJVR  Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ:  (14)  That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;  (15)  But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:  (16)  From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.
Hello Somebody
Your Pastor
Jeff